The Wolves Den

Just my two cents about Gaming.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Frei Campaign-The Background.

Ok, some of you already know, per our conversations, that I plan on (after RHoD) creating a new world, a new campaign, a new style of gaming. I'm going to post on here the new guidlines for play and character creation, etc. For my players: Feel free to leave your opinions and suggestions. I'll review them and make any necessary changes. For other DM's: Feel free to use any ideas you like for own campaigns. Also leave any comments or suggestions that have worked in your own style of gaming.
Why a new campaign?
I have been playing D and D for almost 18 years. I have played different styles. I started in 2nd edition, and now I play 3.5 edition. There has been rules I have liked and rules I didn't. The great thing about D and D is you can play it how you like.
One thing that I feel that has been missing from my games is the realism factor. My PC's start out as a fighter, a mage , a cleric. A lot of times with no background, no history. I wanted to run a campaign, where they don't start as hero's, but events happened along the way that guide their path, that allows them to have a background for their characters, and give them reasons for what they do.
Like most RPG'er's I love reading. I love books like The Wheel of Time series, The Shannara Series, Eragon, and The Lord of the Rings. The heros in these stories, start out as normal common folk, and only through adventuring do they find their role and place. That's what I want to run. I don't want PC's that are "fighters cuz' my da was a fighter" "rogues cuz' I was adbandoned as a baby" etc. I want to run a campaign where the PC's start out average, and they become druids because of decisions made in the game, or a paladin, or a mage, etc.
For this campaign I'm going to use a lot of outside sources. My friend Tobias, who I have mentioned before, runs great campaigns, so I'm going to use some of his ideas. I have started playing World of Warcraft recently, and there's sereval aspects of that game I'm going to incorpate in the my new world.
Well, thats the background. Check back reguraly for updates, leave comments, leave suggestions. Next time I'm going to discuss character creation.

Just my two cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home