The Wolves Den

Just my two cents about Gaming.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Frei Campaign-Battle Rules

Ok I know I promised Skills and Feats. I'm working on it. There are still a couple of things I need to tweak.
Michael and I had a discussion last night, where he proposed a new battle system. There were some positive elements to it, and with some adjusting it may be playable. For right now, I'm going to set it aside til I have time to review, tweak it, and test it.
I did want to discuss our current battle system. I want your opinion. So I'm gonna post a poll, and ya select the one you like best.
1. Our current style. One player rolls initiative for the player side, and I roll for the the "monsters". No modifers are added. Highest number goes first. Order is determined by die roll for the player side, and monster act in order of my preference.
2. Each player rolls initiave for his/her character. I roll individually for the "monsters". Add initiave modifers. We play in order of highest to lowest. Each player must announce their action prior to the start of the round. Optional: We roll initative for each round, thus changing the fighting order each time.
3. Same as our current style, except the players get to choose what order they act in.
There are pros and cons for each one.
Let me know.
Just my two cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home