The Wolves Den

Just my two cents about Gaming.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Frei Campaign-Changes.

After brewing it over, trying out a couple of ideas, and with some advice from Tobias, I have decided to make a couple of changes.

Abilities will not start at 12.xx. You will roll as usual (4d6, discard the lowest one, roll percentile, add it.) and in the order that you roll them, assign them to your ability scores. For those of you who don't already play in my campaigns, I only use the 6 main ability scores; Strength, Dexertity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

Races will be limited to Elves, Halflings, Dwarves, Humans, and Gnomes. For reasons already stated. Of course the sub-races are still available, as was discussed, In addition, each race will be assigned a Domain, and will gain abilities in that domain as they progress. This is an idea, that Tobias has in his world, and I think it adds a touch of flavor to gameplay. (The gods know how much Frostbolt has come in handy for Orsen.)

Experience will be given out by the DM, and I intend to follow a system thats less difficult, than the one I previsouly outlined. Exp. will still be divided for multiclass characters. But the player can choose the percentage for each class.

Everybody will start out as level 0 commoners. At 500 exp., they may choose to level up as a character class of their choice, provided they find a trainer. However, additional experience cannot be gained until they level up.

Critical hits and misses. Here's another area where I agree with Tobias, and I have already tried it out in RHoD. If you roll a natural 20 or a natural 1, when attacking, you must roll again, if on your second roll you roll natural 20 or a natural 1, your weapon will be broken. Be sure to be prepared for this loss of weapons. Likewise if you are hit with a natural 20, by an opponent, you must roll and save for your armor, any rolls 5 or below will result in a crack or breakage. (And beofre any of you ask, yes your natural 20's can cause breakage on your opponents armor.)

I personally like how we did our battles this last time, and unless theres any complaints, we will continue on doing them that way.

Well thats it for now. Leave comments and tell me what you think.

Just my two cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home